First off, there’s nothing wrong with using Ouija boards. You won’t get possessed; you won’t lure something evil to your house; you won’t have bad luck.
Let’s start with wives’ tales that are utter bunk:
- Sleeping with a ouija board under you bed will not cause bad dreams or restless sleep
- You don’t have end the session by moving the pointer to goodbye
- Damaging the board will not cause a haunting
- You won’t get possessed by a demon/spectre/other thingymajig by using the board by yourself
- You don’t have to burn it or bury it – just throw it away
To use the board effectively:
- Don’t use negative questions like ‘did you not live in the house?’ – use a positive question like ‘did you live in this house?’
- Write down the letters or responses so you can make sense of it – ghosts and spirits aren’t the best spellers. It’s tough to manifest and it drains their energy.
- Only one person should ask questions. The spirits may not understand multiple people talking at one time.
- Only ask questions the suspected ghost/spirit can answer. You have to do this to confirm the haunting.
- If the spirit doesn’t manifest when you ask, don’t worry about it. It takes a lot of energy to manifest.
Remember, not all ghosts/spirits are human. You may have picked up an extradimensional or intradimensional being; or it’s a ghost that doesn’t want you to leave them alone.
This is how you can tell if the spirit is up to no good:
- Never trust the cause of death provided by a ouija board
- Drop off if you get threatening statements
- Stop using the board if you can’t stop thinking about using the board
- Stop using the board if the spirit says it’s your guide of some kind – it isn’t
- Drop off if the spirit tries to provide future events – they can’t do it
- Stop using the board if the spirit wants you to channel it – that’s bad news
Ouija board usage rarely leads to anything dangerous. If you do feel threatened, call a spiritual cleanser (like a priest or New Age healer) to clear out your house. You can also protect yourself by wearing hematite, obsidian or tiger’s eye amulets or bracelets.